Parish Council Update (May, 2012)
Over the past several months, the Pastoral Council has spent significant time in prayer and discussion about:
- The role and purpose of the Council
- Leadership qualities needed for the Council and the Parish
- Our individual roles and responsibilities as leaders of the Parish
- The mission and purpose of the Holy Cross Parish Community
The purpose of the Council is to work in collaboration with the Pastor, to create a vision for the parish. Each member has his/her own particular gifts and talents, which contributes to the collective wisdom of the group and assists in the guidance of Holy Cross Parish.
The current Council is made up of the following parishioners:
- John Houser – at large member
- Michael O’Conner – at large member
- Kevin Springer – at large member
- Angela Werle – at large member
- Nancy McNiece – Liturgy Committee
- Bill McNiece – Finance Committee
- Kevin Perry – Secretary
- Michael Barrett – Vice Chairperson
- Maureen Riley – Chairperson
Fr. Carlton presides over the Council as Pastor and Jan Erlenbaugh-Gaddis participates as Parish Staff.
The Council meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Parish Center. All parishioners are invited and welcome to attend meetings.